Sunday, January 8, 2012

Black Bean Chilli

Now with my new food scale I am loving the accuracy of the calories in my meals. SO for dinner I had:

346g boiled black beans (455 calories)
1 large yellow onion (70 cal)
1 can of tomatoes (94 cal)
2 tbs  tomato puree (28 cal)
10 sprays of Olive Oil sprey (10 cal)
1 packet  of Whole Grain Rice (430 cal)

My meal made 5 portions of 261 grams each so every meal was 217 calories per meal!

I fried up my onion with Paprika, Rosemary and Garlic Powder (forgot to buy cloves) And a couple of sprays of the Fry Light. This thing does its job without adding any extra calories to the meal.

 
Then I mixed in some tomato puree and a can of Italian chopped tomatoes. Usually I am appose to cooking things in plastic but Tesco had run out of whole grain rice, but I must say it is so handy, Darn you chemicals! So I boiled one bag (usually 1 bag is for 2 people)


 

Then I mix in the beans and the rice, this makes it harder to over eat on the carbs so instead of 2 sharing a bag now it is 5 and you can hardly tell a difference :)



 

So there it is, easy peasy lemon squeezey!  260 grams was my portion :)





No comments:

Post a Comment