Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thoughts for Thursdays

The day before FRIDAY!! The end of the week is near, the weekend is always when I fall short, I LOVE a brunch, I love going for a coffee with something sweet and if my boyfriend has anything to say about it he loves a pint and watching the game.
So I am not denying myself food that I love I am just choosing differently and making some conscious choices before Saturday is here so I get the food I need in the house and don't go and nibble on things I shouldn't.

When it comes to juice, it is so much better for you to eat a fruit instead of the juice that it is made of, there is a very slight chance that the juice you are drinking is 100% juice even if it says so on the box.


So I will buy some sort of Melon and have a slice or two (Melon is a good choice as you don't HAVE to buy organic as it has a thicker rind and will absorb the pesticides so it wont go in the actual fruit) (1 cup=61)
Quick Oats with Golden Syrup (132), on that ill sprinkle some cinnamon with skimmed milk (86)

1 large coffee with skimmed milk (10)

This with 1 boiled egg!(70) TADA

Brunch : 359

It becomes a lot of calculating but you need to know almost to the number what you are putting in and what you are burning! My job requires me to spend a lot of time as a desk so I am not very mobil so for me to loose 1.5 pounds per week I can only eat 1200 calories a day.

Now this is calculated so that the amount of food I eat is my fuel for the workouts, I can go a bit below and maybe I will have some more drastic changes but you cant have to big of a deficit as your body will think it is starving and start eating away your muscles  (when this happens and then you start eating again or maybe go on a binge your body will store the new excess as fat and you will have to work harder to build new muscle)

So think a head for the weekend, have a little treat maybe even something non food related. Something that will make you feel good about yourself. (Shopping always helps me)

No comments:

Post a Comment